High Seas Combat [8.0] is submitted for review.

Discuss maps and help map makers make the best possible maps.

High Seas Combat [8.0] is submitted for review.

Postby SnotlinG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

New map: High Seas Combat [8.0] by SnotlinG.
Map editor link: High Seas Combat [8.0]

SnotlinG

Re: High Seas Combat [8.0] is submitted for review.

Postby KGB » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 pm

I (and many others) have played a lot of games on this map recently thanks to the tournament.

I'd like to suggest you adjust the Powerful production city on the home islands. Right now that city is really determining a players fate starting on turn 1. If you luck into a great unit that you can not only use, but capture easily you get an incredible advantage immediately (either a great unit or a bunch of gold from pillaging) and if you are unlucky and get one you can't use or worse, can't capture you are majorly handicapped. A recent example included an opponent getting Green Dragons (and was able to take them thanks to starting units) on turn 1! In other games I've been stuck with a Mammoth which not only isn't useful but can't be captured either regardless of starting units unless you take a HUGE gamble.

I see a couple of choices.
1) Restrict the production on those powerful cities to remove the Green Dragon, Mammoth and a couple of other units like Demons that provide a ton of gold.
2) Change the cities to 'Good' so players get something interesting on their home island. Then make a couple of Powerful cities on the center island (maybe the middle 2 cities just north/south of the move site) and maybe a couple more somewhere else (maybe 1 of the cities on the islands with the strength site OR maybe 1 of the cities on the islands with 2 cities that side midway east/west of the map).

KGB
KGB

Postby piranha » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:52 pm

piranha
Site Admin

Return to Map feedback